In resource poor circumstances as in most developing countries, it is believed that though routine Microbiological monitoring is most essential, in reality it is not practicable. But it is the responsibility of every hospital to pay good attention in proper maintenance of air conditioning plants, ventilator systems, and to have greater control on mechanisms and personnel involved in disinfection and sterilization of materials used in the theatres in operative procedures.
Click here for elaborate details on the following topics on sterilization of operation theatres and preventing surgical site infections
1. Preventing infections in the operation theatres
2. Pre-operative care and preparation of patient
3. Protective clothing for use in the operation theatres
4. OT Personnel - Practices to prevent SSIs
5. Environmental control & design to prevent SSIs
Keywords: OT, operation theatre, operation theater, surgery, surgical site infections, SSI, hospital acquired infections, nosocomial infections, fumigation, sterilization, disinfection