Ask your questions in Medical Bacteriology in the comments section and get clarified from your query by our experts in the specified discipline.
Interesting questions along with answers will be published in comments section as early as possible.
The viewers are requested to restrict the question to Bacteriology, since questions regarding General Microbiology, Immunology, Virology, Mycology and Parasitology are posted as separate.
Questions in General Microbiology
Questions in Immunology
Questions in Medical Virology
Questions in Medical Mycology
Questions in Medical Parasitology
Questions in Medical Bacteriology - Ask the Expert
March 16, 20116comments
Posted by Sekar
+ comments + 6 comments
Were can I find info about Tn1546, Inc18-like plasmid or tnpA?
Were can I find info about Tn1546?
See the back references of above articles for further information
Recommend media for the selective isolation of Streptococcus mutans from suspected clinical specimens = Tryptone-Yeast-Cysteine-Sucrose-Bacitracin (TYCSB) agar
The viability of microorganism depends on the availability of water, nutrition and many other factors. But most disease causing bacteria/virus die within 7 days in normal environmental conditions. In this case, a simple drying and disinfection with lizol would be enough. There is nothing to worry; Your Obsessive–compulsive disorder is responsible for your anxiety - you just ignore it. Even, the entry of bacteria/virus in human body will not always results in infection/disease in a healthy person.
She might have immunity against Chlamydia acquired during previous infection. These immune antibodies are probably present in mucosal secretions and may protect from re-infection (to confirm you may do serological test and observe titre). PCR detects DNA fragments of the bacteria - If the result is negative, most probably she is not currently infected with chlamydia.
I have an ear infection - a test showed that it is due to resistant bacteria. Two courses of oral antibiotics did not clear it. I clean my ears daily and there is usually a yellowish discharge left on the q-tips due to this infection. Now I am concerned because my 1 year old baby had one of my used q-tips in his mouth (and may have swallowed the cotton). Will he be affected because he ingested the bacterial infection? Will it affect his health in any way? Thank you.
- Dipika, concerned mother
Your kids gastric juice might have killed it. Even it has escaped it won't cause infection - you don't have to worry about it. But be careful to keep your kid from harmful activities until he/she understands the harmfulness. All hazards are not like Microbes.
Post a Comment